Yes, under the VA’s Fully Developed Claims (PDC) Program.

The Fully Developed Claims (FDC) program is an optional initiative that offers Veterans and survivors faster decisions from VA on compensation, pension, and survivor benefit claims.  Veterans and survivors simply submit all relevant records in their possession, and those records which are easily obtainable, such as private medical records, at the time they make their claim and certify that they have no further evidence to submit.  VA can then review and process the claim more quickly.

By filing an FDC, Veterans and survivors take charge of their claim by providing all the evidence at once. By then certifying that there is no more evidence, VA can issue a decision faster.  You can file an FDC without risk.  Participation will not affect the attention your claim receives from qualified VA rating staff or the benefits to which you’re entitled.  If VA determines other non-federal records exist and are required to decide a claim, VA will simply remove the claim from the FDC program and process it through the traditional claims process.  Once you initiate your FDC, you’ll have up to one year to complete it.  Should VA approve your claim, you’ll be paid back to the day you initiated your claim.

The best way to file an FDC is electronically at Once you log on to your account, VA recommends you appoint an accredited Veterans Service Officer to help you initiate your claim, gather the required medical records and evidence, and submit your claim. If you don’t yet have an account, register today.  If you prefer to file your FDC by paper, complete VA Form 21-526EZ and visit your local regional office.  You can appoint an accredited Veterans Service Officer to help you prepare and submit your claim.  You can also appoint your accredited Veterans Service Officer online at